Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Great Libraries of the World

A compendium of magnificence.
Everyone has some kind of place that makes them feel transported to a magical realm. For some people it’s castles with their noble history and crumbling towers. For others it’s abandoned factories, ivy choked, a sense of foreboding around every corner. For us here at Curious Expeditions, there has always been something about libraries. Row after row, shelf after shelf, there is nothing more magical than a beautiful old library.
Share

3 comments:

P. M. Doolan said...

I love old libraries. This summer I visited the Piccolomini Library in Siena Cathedral. Its frescoes are magnificent.

Alexandra said...

Sigh...how beautiful. I soak up the sensory experience - smell of the old books, the warm browns of the wood, touching the pages, the feel of a comfortable chair, and the quiet. I'd taste it if I could. (giggle)

Jessie said...

That is beautiful! I love old libraries. Imagine all the history those walls have seen, all the people who have sat there...