Thursday, February 28, 2008

Housewife vs SAHM

There a difference between being a housewife and a "Stay-at-Home-Mom," according to the insights provided HERE. (Thanks, Jennifer!) To quote:
Completely focused on my children, I was forgetting that my husband also needed me. I was dressed like a slob when he got home from work, if I was dressed at all. That first year of marriage, I was frequently still in my pajamas when he got home.

Now, as a housewife first, I try to think of my husband first when planning meals. After all, he goes out and uses his valuable time and effort to support us. Shouldn't we, in turn, use our valuable time and effort to support him? Yes, he is supporting monetarily. Since we cannot return that favor, shouldn't we do all that we can to support him emotionally?
Share